Bring out the bright complexity of specialty grade Arabica coffee from Two Cool Catz™. Taste the difference in a properly brewed cup.
1. Use the freshest, highest grade roast coffee beans you can procure.
2. Grind only the amount needed immediately prior to brewing. Use a quality coffee bean grinder to precisely achieve the consistency of grounds suitable for your method of brewing. In general, the slower your brewing method, the coarser the grind and the faster the brewing method, the finer the grind.
3. The standard ratio for brewing is 2 tablespoons of ground coffee for each 6 ounces of water. Adjust according to your taste preferences.
4. To extract the most flavor and aroma from your coffee, use water that is heated to between 197-204 degrees Fahrenheit. Water that is any hotter can over extract and make for a bitter tasting coffee.
5. Allow your coffee to steep/brew for 4-5 minutes to optimally extract the subtle flavors and aromas.
6. Serve your coffee in a high quality ceramic or glass mug and avoid disposable cups, as they can leach compounds that will negatively affect taste and purity.
7. Keep your coffee beans fresh by wrapping them tightly in their coffee bag or in an airtight container. Do not expose to high heat or light. Do not store in the refrigerator or freezer due to condensation degrading the beans.
8. Regularly clean all brewing equipment and grinders, as the oils can collect on surfaces and impart unpleasant flavors to freshly brewed coffee.